Many of you must be familiar with green tea but may not know about the various positive benefits that this tea offers to us. It in fact originated in China and people of East Asian countries have been taking it for thousands of years for various medicinal benefits and also for refreshments. As compared to any other form of tea, green tea offers more health benefits as its processing method avoids fermentation. Therefore you can get maximum amount of anti-oxidant benefits from green tea.
Besides that Green tea contains L-Theanine and nootropic caffeine, which is responsible for producing more energy, mental alertness, focus and enhances our mood.
What are the effects of green tea?
There are few natural ingredients present in green tea which can help in fat and calorie metabolism. Also its anti-oxidant Polyphenols helps to protect our body against heart diseases and atherosclerosis. In addition to that it also reduces the risk of cancer.
Green tea is considered to be one of the natural sources of caffeine, which produces stimulating effect and keeps us awake and alert, improves our mental energy and cognitive abilities. Caffeine also helps reducing the possibility of Parkinson’s disease. However, if it is taken in excess then it may produce restlessness, insomnia and anxiety.
Benefits of green tea
Following are the main benefits observed with green tea
- It can boost our immune system because of its anti-oxidant property.
- It can fight against free radical damage in our body
- It can protect us against many different types of diseases and infections
- The presence of catechins in green tea helps to boost metabolism and also burning body fats
- Helps in reducing body weight
- Prevents heart diseases and reduces bad cholesterol
- Helps in reducing blood pressure
- Fight against cancer
- Kills bacteria and protect against certain type of food poisoning
- Reduces blood sugar
How much green tea should be consumed?
You can get best benefits of green tea by consuming right quantity. The ideal dosage will be anything between 300 mg to 400 mg in a day. However, each person has their own level of sensitivity to caffeine intake. Therefore, you have to decide the quantity after doing few trials. Once you decide the safe level of consumption you can continue to take it and get its benefit.